Traction & torsion for Aerospace
Ressorts Masselin's experience allows us to respond to the most stringent requirements for the manufacturing and control of springs.
A torsion spring is a helical spring principally used to counter and then to restitute a torque or turning moment, the movement of the resilient material being in flexion.
A traction spring is a helical spring which extends under tension, wound into touching coils, and almost always pre-tensioned. These springs often have tapered ends with attachment rings. It extends under load and restitutes a return force..
We are able to manufacture all types of traction and torsion spring :
- Straight legs
- All types of ring
- Springs with mechanical pieces
- Lare dimensions wide choice of materials
- Wire diameter from 0.2 to 20 mm
- Various shaped or threaded end fittings
- Shot peening and double coat epoxy finish
Further to our production capacities, our technical team has put in place other services which respond to our customer's requirements :
- A calculation software for hot coiled springs which integrates the diameters of existing mandrels
- A choice of refurbishing services which extends the life span of working springs
This repair service has been developed over the last few years ; it allows to keep in service springs which are still in good condition, after control operations. This means the customer can save money by not having to buy new equipment.
Spiral sring Ube 2
Traction spring with double torsion springs
Torsion springs with legs
Spring with looped ends
Traction spring with threaded end fittings